To help celebrate and showcase the immense contribution of universities to the UK's creative excellence, MadeAtUni will be running a social media competition from 20 December 2021 until 27 January 2022.
To win up to £500 of art equipment or training, simply use an artform of your choice to depict 'creativity made at uni', and share a photo or video of the end result to the MadeAtUni social media channels!
Please note the competition is not open for entries until 20 December 2021. Entries submitted before then will not be eligible for prizes. Universities can begin promoting the competition ahead of 20 December 2021, but must make clear that only entries from 20 December are eligible for prizes.
Full terms and conditions
- To participate in this competition, users must share an image or video on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook, of a piece of art (such as piece of music, a performance poem/rap, a sculpture, drawing, painting or design) which depicts creativity made at uni.
- Users must also tag, like, or follow the relevant MadeAtUni social media account for their submission:
- Employees of Universities UK (UUK), their family members, or anyone else connected in any way with the creation/implementation of the competition will not be permitted to enter.
- The competition will run until 23:59 BST on Thursday 27 January 2022.
- There will be a first, second, and third prize. The winners will be chosen by the MadeAtUni team after the competition deadline of 23:59 BST on 27 January 2022. Entries made after this point will not be counted. The winning entries must fulfil the criteria in 1) and 2) above.
- UUK accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, ineligible, corrupted or fail to be submitted by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entries via agents or third parties are invalid.
- The prize winners will receive money to go towards creative equipment of their choice (such as a camera, software, arts and crafts materials), or an equivalent contribution to study a creative course of their choice. The value of each prize is as follows:
- First prize: £500
- Second prize: £300
- Third prize: £200
- Once the winners have been chosen, they will be contacted privately via social media to discuss their preferred prize with UUK.
- The winner will then purchase their preferred prize, and provide UUK with proof of purchase, such as a receipt.
- Upon receiving proof of purchase, UUK will reimburse the winners to the values set out in 7) above.
- Once contacted, each winner will have two weeks to respond and claim their prize.
- We reserve the right to provide an alternative prize of equal or greater value in the event of unforeseen circumstances. Prizes are non-transferrable and no cash alternative will be offered.
- The decision of the MadeAtUni team is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- By taking part in this promotion, all participants consent to us collecting, storing and using their personal data submitted with their entry for the purposes of this promotion. Any personal data relating to the winners and any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party.
- By submitting an entry, each entrant grants UUK a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive licence to edit, publish, translate, modify, adapt, make available and distribute the entry throughout the world in any media now known or hereafter invented.
- By entering this competition each entrant confirms that their submissions are their wholly-owned creations and that, to the extent that such entries make use of any third-party materials, these have been fully cleared unless they are no longer protected by copyright or other intellectual property rights.
- Each entrant also confirms that anyone depicted in an entry has given their permission for the inclusion of their image in the entry and the use of the entry including their image by the entrant and the university.
- To obtain details of the winners, please email email@example.com stating the name of the competition in the subject heading four weeks after the closing date.
- This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or any other social network. You are providing your submission to UUK and not to any other party.
- This promotion is subject to the relevant terms of services which can be found on their respective websites:
- This promotion and these terms and conditions are governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
By entering the competition, each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.